Jabra Evolve 40 UC Monaural Professional Headset:
With the Jabra Evolve 40 UC Mono USB headset you will enjoy amazing sound for calls and music. An integrated busylight will also enhance your productivity by notifying colleagues that you are busy. The Jabra Evolve 40 is a professional headset designed to help you focus and improve your conversations with a noise-cancelling microphone that eliminates background noise and reduces high-frequency sounds. You will have easy access to the most used functions, like volume and mute with the inline control unit as well as answer and end calls quickly and easily with the push of a button. Installation is as easy as plugging into your USB or USB-C port on your laptop. The Jabra Evolve 40 has a 3.5mm jack which can also be used for smart devices. The Evolve 40 is built for style and comfort with soft leatherette ear cushions and the adjustable headband lets you find the perfect fit.
Jabra Evolve 40 UC Mono USB/3.5mm Headset Benefits:
- Passive noise cancellation helps you hear better
- Works with all smart devices using 3.5 mm jack
- Jabra Intelligent Call Transfer
- Busy light to avoid co-worker interruptions
- In-line call controller w/ large buttons and LED indicators
- Made for voice and music listening pleasure with HiFi stereo sound
- Tuck the boom arm into the headset when not in use
- Soft leather feel cushion for all-day wearing comfort
Jabra Evolve 40 UC Mono Technical Specifications:
- Headset bandwidth: Wideband
- Speaker bandwidth Music mode: HiFi
- Speaker bandwidth Speak mode: Wideband
- Microphone bandwidth: Wideband
- Industrial Certifications: Lync / Skype for Business, Avaya, Cisco, Alcatel Lucent and Aastra
- Connection (mini jack, USB, etc): USB/3.5 mm jack
- AC Power Supply: USB power supply by PC
- Bluetooth device: No
- Cord length: Control cable: 95cm, HS Cable: 120cm (approximately 7 feet)
- Weight: Evolve 40 Mono headset 142.5g
- Whats in the box: Evolve 40 mono headset, USB Controller
- Warranty: 2 years
- SKU: 6393-829-209
What comes in the box:
- Evolve 40 Mono Headset packed in a pouch
- USB Controller
- Plastic bag for controller
- Plastic bag for headset
- Foam bag for left earcup
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Leaflet
What is a busylight? A busylight is a light built into the Jabra Evolve 40 UC Mono USB that activates if you are on a call, or if you self-activate it, to let others know you are busy.
Can I listen to music on this device? Yes. The Evolve 40 has world-class speakers that are built for both voice and music.
Does this device have Noise Cancellation features? The Evolve 40 has passive noise cancellation. Simply wear the headset to eliminate high-frequency noise, such as human voices – all thanks to the specially designed ear cushions. For active noise cancelling, see our Evolve 80 headset
Does it work with Mac and PC? Yes, it works with both systems.
Does it have a 3.5 mm jack? Yes, the 3.5 mm jack lets you connect to your personal device – such as a smartphone or tablet – to work or listen to music.
How do I manually turn on/off the busylight feature on my Jabra Evolve headset? To manually turn on/off the busylight, tap the Busylight button on the controller. This is the circle in the center of the in-line controller with the word Jabra on it.
Note: You can synchronize the busylight and your softphone presence status, for example in Microsoft Teams, using Jabra Direct.
What is the difference between standard UC models and models that are certified for Microsoft Teams? The models that are certified for Microsoft Teams (or Microsoft Lync) support Microsoft Teams as a Plug and Play experience. The Plug and Play experience includes these benefits:
- Automatic selection as the default audio device.
- Features to answer and end calls, adjust volume, and mute.
If multiple certified audio devices are present, certified models also offer call prioritization. Microsoft Teams will correctly send the audio to the device that was used to answer an incoming call.
If you use a model that is certified for Microsoft Teams with a different computer telephony (softphone) client, the product should work the same as a UC model regarding audio features (such as answer and end calls, adjust volume, mute).
If you are not using Microsoft Teams, use the standard UC model.
How do I set up my Jabra device to work with Microsoft Teams? To select your Jabra device for use with Microsoft Teams, follow these steps:
- Click on your profile picture at the top of the Teams window
- Click Settings, then Devices.
- In Devices, select your Jabra device under Audio devices. If you are using a Jabra wireless device, select the connected Bluetooth adapter, such as the Jabra Link 370
Note: Microsoft Teams provides remote call control – the ability to answer and end calls directly from a connected audio device – when using versions dated July 1, 2018 or later. You must sign out of other softphone clients for this feature to work
If your organization is simultaneously using Skype for Business, see this Microsoft site for the latest information and guidance. If you are a user, contact your IT administration for information as guidance.
Please call if you have any further questions regarding the Jabra Evolve 40 UC Mono USB.