Plantronics HW261N SupraPlus Headset:
- Business-grade durability provides long lasting value
- Covering both ears eliminates office noise and distractions
- Freeing your hands for typing and writing increases productivity
- Luxurious comfort means you’ll forget you’re wearing the HW261N
- Never asking to repeat information with superior audio quality
- Quick Disconnect allows you to easily walk away from your desk
- Single-cable design makes for lightweight all-day wearing
- Bendable microphone stays in position for clearer communication
• FREE clothing clip included for better cord management
• FREE technical support with purchase
• Need help? Call us and talk to a Real Person!
Plantronics HW261N SupraPlus Benefits:
- Ultra noise-canceling (UNC) microphones. An extended mic provides industry-leading, noise-canceling, and echo performance.
- Speaker quality. The HW261N headset provides greater receive-side frequency response to improve listening intelligibility.
- Comfortable design. Adjustable headband with soft foam ear cushions creates a stable and comfortable fit.
- Bendable click-stop microphone boom. The microphone of the HW261N stays in position for optimal voice transmission.
- Small, light, flexible cable. The HW261N single-cable design eliminating cords tangling and adding extra weight under your chin.
- Quick Disconnect™ feature lets you walk away from your phone while still wearing your HW261N SupraPlus headset.
- Adjustable clothing clip for cord management which removes weight and pulling from bottom cord.
- Supports AudioIQ® and Clearline™ audio technologies.
- Ensures precise listening level, sophisticated hearing protection, and superior audio performance.
- Warranty: 2-Years for Unsurpassed Durability
- Operating Frequency: High-Frequency Wideband
- Headset Weight: 86 Grams
- Compatibility: Plantronics Amplifier, Adapter Audio Processor or Direct Connect Cable
- Wearing Style: Binaural / Dual Ear
- SKU# 64339-31 (formerly 75101-06 & 75101-01)
- UPC: 017229124783
Plantronics HW261N SupraPlus Insider Info:
TECH REVIEW – The Plantronics HW261N SupraPlus headset has a long record of ergonomic design and durability. Though it may not look it, when you put on the HW261N, you’ll swear you’re wearing one of those higher-priced headsets. The binaural design of the HW261N makes it a great headset for louder environments and for users that want to cover both ears and not be distracted by co-workers or other noises. The HW261N dual-ear headset uses foam doughnut ear cushions which provide all-day wearing comfort and have the center of the cushion cut away to deliver speaker sounds directly to your ear canal. As an optional upgrade, super soft leatherette ear cushions are available for an extra comfortable fit that won’t tangle with your hair as you slide the headset on and off. An adjustable headband allows for a snug and secure fit. For optimal performance, you will want to position the headset microphone about the width of a finger away from the corner of your mouth. The HW261N’s noise-canceling microphone uses multiple mics, electronically targeting your voice while reducing background noise. That way your caller hears your voice clearly while effectively reducing any background noise. The 2.5 foot cable ends in a unique connection called a Quick Disconnect. This Quick Disconnect will need to plug into a compatible amplifier or cable, depending on the phone model. When you use the HW261N, you’ll be amazed by the excellent sound quality. So if you spend more than a few hours a day on the phone, the HW261N headset is well worth the investment for comfort and durability.
HOW TO INSTALL – First you want the headset to fit properly on your head. Sliding the headband in to make it smaller or out to make it larger will allow for the best fit. The microphone needs to be about the width of your finger away from the corner of your mouth when using the HW261N. The microphone boom is flexible so you can adjust it for a perfect fit. The headset cable ends in a connection called a Quick Disconnect that matches a similar Quick Disconnect on the amplifier cable or direct connect cable. Once connected, make a test call to ensure the unit is working properly. The clothing clip will help make the headset feel very light weight when you clip it on or near your shirt collar; you won’t feel the bottom part of the cord pulling on the headset or have the need to re position the headset as you stretch the lower cord.
HOW TO STORE – When storing your Plantronics HW261N, it’s best to hang the headset so it’s not just setting on your desk. This keeps the cord hanging freely which helps in preventing the internal wires being damaged when the cord is tightly wrapped over time. And we all know how vacuums love loose cords. There is a headset hanger available that you can attach in your cubicle to keep your headset safe and out of harms way. To view click HDI Headset Hanger.
HOW TO CLEAN – When cleaning your Plantronics HW261N, always use non-alcohol chemicals or wipes. Using alcohol-based products over time will break down the cords making them very stiff and clumsy to use. Wipe all plastic components and cables, but avoid saturating any openings where electronic components are in close proximity. This includes the small holes in the speaker casing and at the end of the mic boom where the microphone is located. Also avoid sticking anything into the Quick Disconnect connection where the four metal contacts are located; you may damage them if you try to clean it.
WHO USES THIS MODEL – The HW261N is a headset made for the business professional looking for excellent quality in a corded headset. By covering both ears, it allows you to stay focused on your caller, not on the noise around you. The noise-canceling microphone cuts down on background noise, making the HW261N a great headset for noisy environments. It’s a very popular headset in a call center environment.