As you may or may not know, Plantronics specializes in many different types of Headsets. What you probably don’t know is Plantronics also has a Speakerphone. The Calisto SpeakerPhone is not your average phone by any means. We have all talked to someone on a speakerphone, and it is usually an unpleasant experience. Voices sound garbled and distant, and it is hard to make out what the speakers are saying. Plantronics has created a Calisto Speakerphone that will work well in conference calls, staff meetings, or even town hall meetings. I am sure you are intrigued with such an amazing speakerphone by now, so let me tell you the specifics of this wonderful phone and not keep you in suspense any longer.
The Calisto Speakerphone works with a PC, mobile, or land line. Not only does it multitask by being a multi-device speaker phone system, but it has premium sound which delivers amazing audio quality. The full duplex wideband audio and noise cancellation allows you to use it in a variety of scenarios. The phone also comes with a wireless microphone, so you can move around freely while maintaining ideal voice volume.
So you probably think it couldn’t get any better, but it does! Some of the other great features this phone includes are; a clear 2.4 color display, a touch-sensitive pad, easy caller ID viewing, and so much more. It also includes a wireless microphone that has a 45-foot range, or for privacy you can use it with a Bluetooth or corded headset. Call us at 800-914-7996, so we can assist you in choosing the right product to meet your needs.
For more information visit: Plantronics P835 Calisto Speakerphone
Connecting a Bluetooth Device to Your Calisto P800 Series Speakerphone
Question: I like the Calisto P800 series speakerphones for my home office using a single line telephone system, but sometimes I need to keep my conversations private. I read that you can pair Bluetooth devices, like headsets, to them without using any adapters. That’s just what I’m looking for, but how is it done, and can you pair more than one device at a time?
Answer: While the Calisto P800 series speakerphones have excellent sound quality, we appreciate that at times conversations need to be private and confidential, so to answer your question, yes you can pair multiple Bluetooth devices to the speakerphones without external adapters. We’ll discuss pairing a mobile phone in a minute, but for now here are the steps for pairing a Bluetooth headset to a Calisto P800 series speakerphone.
1) Press Menu (right softkey under screen) > Bluetooth (OK) > Connect headset (OK), it will ask you if you want to pair a headset now. Answer YES. (optional: Press Menu (right softkey under screen) > Settings (OK) > Bluetooth Setup (OK) > Select Headset (OK) > Pair New Headset (OK))
2) Next screen: Bluetooth Headset (1 of 3) put your Bluetooth headset in pairing mode following the manufacturer’s instructions. Press NEXT when headset is ready.
3) Next screen: Bluetooth Headset (2 of 3) Searching for your Bluetooth headset…Select headset…
4) Final screen: Bluetooth Headset (3 of 3) Pairing with selected headset (wait several seconds)…Your headset is now ready for use.
We tested the Voyager Pro HD Bluetooth headset, and the sound was very clear, as if you were talking on a telephone handset. Now, let’s pair a smartphone to one of the Calisto P800 series speakerphones. Some of the steps are similar to the instructions above.
1) Press Menu (right softkey under screen) > Bluetooth (OK) > Connect mobile phone (OK), it will ask you if you want to pair a mobile phone now. Answer YES. (optional: Press Menu (right softkey under screen) > Settings (OK) > Bluetooth Setup (OK) > Select Mobile Phone (OK) > Pair New Phone (OK))
2) Put your smartphone in pairing mode following the manufacturer’s instructions.
3) Next screen: Mobile Phone: In the Bluetooth menu of your Mobile Phone select “add/search for device”. You’ll see “Connect to (Plantronics Pxx)” and enter “0000” (Four zeros) if required.
Now that you have your Bluetooth headset AND mobile phone paired up to your speakerphone, explore the Calisto P800 Series User’s Guide and discover all the things you can do with the new Calisto P800 series speakerphones.