Poly APP-51 EHS Cable (Poly/Polycom) – Poly 38439-11 or HP 85Q60AA
The Poly (formerly Plantronics) APP-51 Electronic Hook Switch (EHS) cable part # Poly 38439-11 or HP 85Q60AA communicates electronically with your desk phone giving your wireless headset call control. The APP-51 EHS allows ring alerts to sound in your headset as well as answer and end calls remotely.
This cable eliminates the need for a HL10 handset lifter. This cable works with Poly (formerly Polycom) desk phones and may work with additional manufacturers.
Poly has several EHS cables, each being unique to a specific telephone and wireless product.
We strongly suggest confirming compatibility with us before purchasing.
Special Headset Programming
Most Poly phones will need the headset port activated for EHS cable use, giving you remote answer/hang-up capabilities.
- Make sure the EHS cable is NOT plugged into your Poly phone
- From your phone select: Menu(or Home)-> Settings-> Basic-> Preferences->Headset-> Analog Headset Mode(or Electronic Hook Switch Mode)
- Scroll Down to Poly/Plantronics EHS, and then press Select. – Press Menu to return to the idle display
- Now that the port is activated, you may plug the EHS cable into your phone and headset base.
Poly APP-51 Compatibility:
- CS500 Series
- Current: CS540, and all -XD variants
- Discontinued: CS510, CS520, CS530
- Savi Series
- Current: 7210, 7220, 7310, 7320, 8210, 8220, 8240, 8245 and all -M variants
- Discontinued: W710, W720, W730, W730, W740, W745 an all -M variants
- Voyager Series
- Office Series: 4210, 4220, 4245, 5200
- USB: When used with Voyager Office Base and all -M variants
Poly Phone Compatibility
- IP330/331, IP335
- IP430, IP450
- IP550, IP560
- IP650, IP670
- CCX Series
- VVX Series
Poly APP-51 EHS Notes:
Note 1: Phone must be running SIP application 3.1 or higher and BootROM 4.1.0 or later.
Note 2: Phone must be running SIP application 3.0.2 or higher and BootROM 4.1.0 or later.
Note 3: Phone must be running SIP application 3.1.0 Rev C or higher and BootROM 4.1.0 or later.
Note 4: Phone must be running SIP application 3.1.2 Rev B or higher and BootROM 4.1.0 or later.
Note 5: Depending on which CS-series of headsets you have:
For newer CS & Savi series (CS510, CS520, CS540 & Savi) wireless headsets:
If the Polycom phone does not have an RJ9 jack. (i.e. IP320/321 & IP330/331)
The 2.5mm headset port connector requires Polycom adapter 2200-11095-002
For older CS-series (CS50, CS55, CS70N, CS351N, CS361N, CS510S) wireless headsets:
CS Models can alternatively use Poly adapter 78333-01
When using 78333-01 bypass the EHS cable audio connection.
Connect 78333-01 directly between CS base and phone headset connector
Note 6: “Specify whether or not the electronic hook-switch is enabled and what type of headset (attribute up.analogHeadsetOption set to 2) ” is attached by changing the phone1.cfg in the boot server. If this is not setup the call will hang up in 30 seconds
Poly APP-51 EHS Specifications
- Model: APP-51
- Warranty: 1 year
- SKU: 38439-11
- Formerly 38439-01 – APP-50
- UPC: 0017229137363
- SKU: 85Q60AA
- UPC: 197497572360
**Replacement note: The APP-51 EHS cable replaces the APS-50 cable and features compatibility with the Poly on-line indicator accessory.