Works by Design Review by Shawn
Can't say anything negative. The headset works. Purchased about 10-15 for some users here and none of them came back to me so I guess they work well enough.
What I can say is I ordered the wrong cable and the ordering team fixed it correctly before they shipped it. Customer service also has answered quickly. Kudos to those 2 areas.
Plantronics HW520V EncorePro Benefits:
• Over-the-Head (Binaural) design weighs just 72 grams
• Freeing your hands for typing and writing increases productivity
• Designed with quality and comfort being the focal points
• Extendable & replaceable voice tube for optimal voice clarity
• Quick-Disconnect cord allows you to walk away from your desk
• Soft foam ear cushions provide all-day comfort
• Laser welded construction for unbeatable toughness
• FREE clothing clip included for better cord management
• FREE technical support with purchase
• Need help? Call us and talk to a Real Person!
Appreciate unbeatable toughness with the Plantronics HW520V EncorePro:
+ Wideband audio for superior audio quality
+ Precise microphone positioning
Completely re-imagined for the demands of the modern customer service center and office, the Plantronics HW520V has soft ear cushions for all-day wearing comfort, an adjustable headband and clothing clip for cord management to remove any tugging or pulling.
GREAT SOUNDING AUDIO
With many phones raising the standard in audio quality, the EncorePro 520V wideband audio delivers a richer, clearer conversation and reduces listening fatigue. The Plantronics HW520V also includes SoundGuard technology that protects users from noise spikes and meets OSHA/Noise at Work standards.
The Plantronics HW520V adjustable clear voice tube ensures your caller will hear you voice as crisp and clear as possible. The clear voice tube is adjustable and extendable, giving you perfect positioning for the best possible audio quality.
RELIABILITY LIKE NO OTHER
The Plantronics HW520V corded headset uses laser-welded construction, and its metal joints are engineered to provide reliability where it matters. Investing in the EncorePro Binaural 520V will provide years of hands-free communication and a most productive work environment.
Check out our popular Headsets 101 - Ultimate Guide to Understanding Headsets which is constantly being updated to keep you informed on using the Plantronics EncorePro HW 520V and any other Plantronics headset in which you're interested. With numerous pictures and detailed headset information, you will fully understand what connects where and what's needed for any application you may have.
Check out some of the other options for the Plantronics EncorePro Series Headsets
Plantronics HW520V Headset:
• Connects to PC or desk phone with Plantronics audio processors.
• Ideal for Telephone-intensive users, including formal customer care centers, help desks, telesales, and customer service organizations.
• Hearing protection SoundGuard technology: Acoustic limiting for protection against sounds above 118 dBA.
• Audio performance Wideband audio (up to 6,800 Hz), noise-canceling microphone.
• Quick Disconnect™ feature lets you walk away from your phone while still wearing your EncorePro 520V headset.
• Adjustable clothing clip for cord management which removes weight and pulling from bottom cord.
• Warranty: 2-Years for Unsurpassed Durability
• Operating Frequency: High-Frequency Wideband
• Headset Weight: 72 Grams
• Compatibility: Plantronics Amplifier, Adapter Audio Processor or Direct Connect Cable
• Wearing Style: Dual Ear
Plantronics EncorePro HW520V Insider Info:
TECH REVIEW - Coming Soon!
HOW TO INSTALL - When installing the Plantronics Encore HW520, the first task is to properly fit it to your head. Position the headband over your head, with the ear cushions against your ears. It may require adjusting the headband by sliding it in to make it smaller or out to make it larger so both ears are covered and comfortable. The microphone needs to be ¼ of an inch (the width of your finger) away from the corner of your mouth when using the binaural 520V. You can rotate the mic boom up and down for perfect positioning. At the end of the headset cable you will find a connection called the Quick Disconnect. You will have a matching connection in which to plug the cable, located on your amplifier or cable, depending on compatibility and your application. Make a test call to ensure the unit is working properly. Also, many users disregard using the clothing clip, when in actuality it plays an important role in making the headset appear very light weight. By clipping it on or near your shirt collar, the weight of the lower portion of the cord stops at the clothing clip. You will never feel pulling on the headset or the need to re-position it as you reach and stretch the lower cord.
HOW TO STORE - When storing your Plantronics HW520V, it’s best to place the headset over a hook so it’s not just setting on your desk, and this also keeps the cord hanging freely. If left on your desk, the cleaning crew can easily bump it and knock it to the floor, where the cord can find its way into the vacuum. You also want to let the cord hang free and avoid tightly wrapping it, which over time will damage the internal wires. We developed a headset hanger to affix to your monitor in an effort to keep your headset safe and out of harms way. To view click HDI Headset Hanger.
HOW TO CLEAN - When cleaning your Plantronics HW520V, always use non-alcohol chemicals or wipes. Using alcohol-based products over time will break down the cords making them very stiff and clumsy to use. You will want to wipe all plastic components and cables, but avoid saturating any openings where electronic components are in close proximity. This will include the small holes in the speaker casing and at the end of the mic boom where the microphone is located. The 520V comes with foam cushions, which can be replaced as needed. When cleaning, also avoid sticking anything into the end of the Quick-Disconnect connection where the four metal contacts are located. This connection is made to last, and more damage than good will come if you try to clean it.
WHO USES THIS MODEL - This headset is made for a business professional looking for the best possible quality in a corded headset. With one ear covered and the other open, this keeps you in tune with what’s going on around you and makes it easy to converse with others. The noise-canceling microphone will cut down on background noise, making a great headset for louder environments.
|Inventory at start of day||12|
|Compatibility||Office Desk Phone|
|Stand By Time||No|
|Headset Style||Dual Ear|
|Headset Weight||72 grams|
We Make Your Life Easy!
• Plantronics Certified Headset Experts Since 1996
• 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
• Talk To A Real Person
• Guaranteed Latest Date Codes & Fresh Batteries
• Discounted Pricing
• Same Day Shipping On Most Orders (10:00am PST Arizona)
• Free Technical Support For Our Customers
• Out-of-Box Failures Are Replaced Immediately At Our Expense
• Expedited Warranty Replacements
• Visit: BBB Business Review A+ Rating