Unprecedented comfort and clarity meets sleek design with the HW291N EncorePro:
+ Wideband technology
+ Extendable microphone
SUPERIOR COMFORT AND LIGHTWEIGHT
Plush ear cushions and premium lightweight materials provide hours of comfortable wear. Never before has a headset fit so comfortably that you'll routinely forget you have it on. With the leatherette ear cushion and adjustable headset you're sure to find the perfect fit for all day wearing.
High-frequency wideband support ensures crystal clarity during customer conversations with the EncorePro HW291N. Hearing better means never mis-communicating important information or the need to ask for something to be repeated. Hear everything correctly the first time!
Ensures precise microphone positioning so customers hear every word. The noise-canceling microphone of the EncorePro HW291N extends and is low-sitting which allows you to position the tip of the microphone at the edge of your mouth for perfect placement. This allows your caller to hear your voice as it cuts down on background noise arround you.
ADVANCED ERGONOMIC DESIGN
Provides superior balance, fit, comfort and can be worn on either ear. Having the flexibility of a headset to be configurable for either ear and also an adjustable headband sets the EncorePro far apart from would-be competitor headsets.
Check out our popular Headsets 101 - Ultimate Guide to Understanding Headsets which is constantly being updated to keep you informed on using the Plantronics HW291n EncorePro and any other Plantronics headset you're interested in. With numerous pictures and detailed headset information, you will fully understand what connects where and what's needed for any application you may have.
Plantronics HW291N EncorePro Features:
• Superior comfort and lightweight. Plush ear cushions and premium lightweight materials provide hours of comfortable wear.
• Extendable microphone. The HW291N ensures precise microphone positioning so customers hear every word.
• Advanced ergonomic design. Provides superior balance, fit, comfort and can be worn on either ear.
• Choose your preferred fit:
- Single earpiece (HW291N Monaural) can be worn on either ear
Lets you hear the conversation and what’s going on around you.
- Dual earpiece (HW301N Binaural) - cuts out distracting background noises.
• Quick Disconnect™ feature lets you walk away from your phone while still wearing your HW291N EncorePro headset.
• Adjustable clothing clip for cord management which removes weight and pulling from bottom cord.
• Supports AudioIQ® and Clearline™ audio technologies.
Ensures precise listening level, sophisticated hearing protection and superior audio performance.
• Warranty: 2-Years for Unsurpassed Durability
• Operating Frequency: High-Frequency Wideband
• Headset Weight: 53 Grams
• Compatibility: Plantronics Amplifier, Adapter Audio Processor or Direct Connect Cable
• Wearing Style: Monaural / Single Ear
Plantronics HW291N EncorePro Insider Info:
TECH REVIEW - When we tested the Plantronics HW291N headset internally, the first thing we noticed was it’s high-tech, sleek design, and sturdiness. It looks and feels like a premium headset before you ever put it on. When placing the HW291N on your head, the leatherette ear cushion is pillow soft against your ear and feels like a tremendous upgrade over the standard foam cushion of other headsets. Also, when using leatherette ear cushions, you will find they slide easily over your hair, where headsets with foam cushions tend to stick and tangle with your hair. The HW291N headband is adjustable, allowing for a snug and secure fit. As for the microphone of the HW291N, it really sets itself apart from other headsets, because you can rotate the mic up and down, as well as telescope it in and out. For optimal performance, you will want to rotate/extend the microphone so it’s positioned ¼ of an inch away from the corner of your mouth. The HW291N noise-canceling microphone uses multiple mics and electronically targets your voice while reducing background noise, so your caller hears your voice clearly over other background noise. The cable is approximately two feet long and ends in a unique connection called a Quick Disconnect. The Quick Disconnect will need to plug into a compatible amplifier or cable, depending on your application. When demonstrating the unit on live calls, the sound quality is amazing. You get a richness, or fullness, in sound quality like no other headset can produce with the EncorePro HW291N. Being a premium model of the Plantronics family of headsets, it will be more expensive, but if you spend more than a few hours a day on the phone, the extra expense will be well worth the investment, and you’ll benefit for years to come.
HOW TO INSTALL - When installing the Plantronics HW291N, the first task is to properly fit it to your head. Put the headset on with the ear cushion against your ear. The opposite side of the headband is called the T-bar, or temple pad. This should be positioned above your other ear and may require adjusting the headband by sliding it in to make it smaller or out to make it larger. The microphone needs to be ¼ of an inch (the width of your finger) away from the corner of your mouth when using the HW291N. You can rotate the mic boom up and down, as well as pull the mic outward to extend for perfect positioning. At the end of the headset cable you will find a connection called the Quick Disconnect. You will have a matching connection in which to plug the cable, located on your amplifier or cable, depending on compatibility and your application. Make a test call to ensure the unit is working properly. Also, many users disregard using the clothing clip, when in actuality it plays an important role in making the headset appear very light weight. By clipping it on or near your shirt collar, the weight of the lower portion of the cord stops at the clothing clip. You will never feel pulling on the headset or the need to reposition it as you reach and stretch the lower cord.
HOW TO STORE - When storing your Plantronics HW291N, it’s best to place the headband over a hook so it’s not just setting on your desk, and this also keeps the cord hanging freely. If left on your desk, the cleaning crew can easily bump it and knock it to the floor, where the cord can find its way into the vacuum. You also want to let the cord hang free and avoid tightly wrapping it, which over time will damage the internal wires. We developed a headset hanger to affix to your monitor in an effort to keep you headset safe and out of harms way. To view click HDI Headset Hanger.
HOW TO CLEAN - When cleaning your Plantronics HW291N, always use non-alcohol chemicals or wipes. Using alcohol-based products over time will break down the cords making them very stiff and clumsy to use. You will want to wipe all plastic components and cables, but avoid saturating any openings where electronic components are in close proximity. For the HW291N, this will include the small holes in the speaker casing and at the end of the mic boom where the microphone is located. The HW291N comes with leatherette cushions, which can also be wiped or replaced as needed. When cleaning your HW291N, also avoid sticking anything into the end of the Quick-Disconnect connection where the four metal contacts are located. This connection is made to last, and more damage than good will come if you try to clean it.
WHO USES THIS MODEL - The HW291N is a headset made for a business professional looking for the best possible quality in a corded headset. With one ear covered and the other open, the HW291N keeps you in tune with what’s going on around you and makes it easy to converse with others. The noise-canceling microphone will cut down on background noise, making the HW291N a great headset for louder environments. It will be priced approximately 30-35% higher than other mid range commercial-grade headsets, so a higher headset budget will be needed.
Browse also these popular Plantronics Corded Office Headsets:
Plantronics H141 DuoSet Corded Office Headset
Plantronics H141N DuoSet Corded Office Headset
Plantronics H171 DuoPro Corded Office Headset
Plantronics H171N DuoPro Corded Office Headset
Plantronics H31CD StarSet Corded Office Headset
Plantronics StarSet H31 Corded Office Headset
Plantronics H41 Mirage Corded Office Headset
Plantronics H41N Mirage Corded Office Headset
Plantronics H81N TriStar Corded Office Headset
Plantronics H81 TriStar Corded Office Headset
Plantronics HW251N SupraPlus Corded Office Headset
Plantronics HW251 SupraPlus Corded Office Headset
Plantronics HW261N SupraPlus Corded Office Headset
Plantronics HW261 SupraPlus Corded Office Headset
Plantronics HW291N EncorePro Corded Office Headset
Plantronics HW301N EncorePro Corded Office Headset
Plantronics SHR2083-01 Ruggedized Dual Corded Office Headset
Or go back to view all Plantronics Corded Office Headsets
Blog Posts Associated With This Product
- Headset Voice Tubes
- Colored Headset Voice Tubes
- Help? Are all of the Plantronics H Series Headsets voice tubes and ear cushions compatible with eachother?
- Q: Do all Plantronics Headsets use the same voice tube?
- Q: What is the difference between the noise cancelling and voice tube on the “H” Series Headsets?
- HW291N EncorePro Headset
- How do I Connect My HW291N Headset to a Computer Inexpensively?
- Plantronics USB Adapters for Corded Headsets
- How Can I Use My Corded Telephone Headset with My Computer?
- Voice Tubes for H-Series Headsets
- Replacing the Voice Tube in Your H-Series Headset
- Plantronics Encore Pro Headset Models HW291N and HW301N Date Codes
HW291N EncorePro Headset
- Great headset Review by Austin
- Great reliable product Review by Lynn
- Godd product- delivery ontime Review by Dave
- Excellent Headset for call centers Review by Sheila
- Great sound and background noise supression Review by Rob
- Outstanding! Review by Becky
- Headset Review Review by Diane D
- Training headset Review by Eleanor D
- Headset works well with Mac Intel machine Review by Kathleen C
- Great headset! Review by Brad B
- Great service Review by Michelle