Mon - Fri: 6:30 am - 4:30 pm
Arizona - Pacific Time
Closed Saturday & Sunday
I Don't Hear a Notification Tone in My Headset with My HL10 Handset Lifter
Remote ring detection provides a low tone *triple beep in your wireless headset when you receive an incoming call. This feature requires a handset lifter accessory, such as the Plantronics HL10 or an EHS cable. If you do have a handset lifter but do not hear the remote ring detection, please check the following:
- Check the placement of the lifter -- make sure the handset lifter is positioned directly over the phone's speaker.
- Try adjusting the phone's ringer volume. If the phone's ringer is too quiet, it may not trigger the ring detection built into the lifter. Try turning up the ringer volume of your phone.
- Check the ring tone of the phone. If your phone's ring tone provides short beeps or plays music, the lifter's microphone may not detect it. Try switching your ring tone to a traditional ring or long beep.
- Does the phone have different rings? For example internal calls vs. external calls vs. transferred calls. Does the phone ring the same for each type of these calls? If so, try changing the settings on your phone so all calls use the same tone.
- Attach the optional "external ring detector" cable. This cable plugs into the lifter and provides a small, black microphone. It is included in the plastic bag of lifter accessories. Mount the microphone near your telephone's speaker.
*Please note the volume of notification beep in the headset cannot be altered, it will always be a low tone triple beep.
Enter your questions or comments below related to this post.